Monday, June 10, 2013

Bienvenidos! Welcome!

Hello everyone -

First of all, thanks for making your way to my blog! I'm very excited to have this space to share updates as we continue on the journey to promote triathlon, as well as my thoughts on sport.

Serving as ITU President and as an IOC Member have been two of the biggest honours of my life. Growing triathlon and spreading Olympism are not only my professional responsibilities, they are my passions as well. I became involved in the world of sport as an athlete in my younger years and I've been hooked ever since. So to be in a position now that is charged with bringing fair sport to the masses is truly a dream.

And what a time it is to be privileged with this responsibility. As a native of Madrid, I am very proud to support the city's bid to host the Olympic Games in 2020. We are in the final months of the campaign, which we believe is stronger than ever.

When we created ITU back in 1989, we could not have envisioned that the sport would grow to be as wildly popular as it is today. But that doesn't mean our work is over. In fact, it means quite the opposite. Now is the time to push the pace and break from the pack. It's time to re-examine our roots so we can carry the sport into the future, which is exactly what we are doing.

As we use this year to plan for future Olympic cycles, I hope you'll continue to check this blog to read about our progress. I also invite you to share your thoughts and ideas with me because while triathlon may be an individual sport, we can only continue to evolve it as a team.

Thanks again. I hope our paths will soon cross at a race. Until then, happy swimming, biking, and running!

- Marisol

No comments:

Post a Comment